INTERACTIVE GUIDE "VISION FOR COHESION"
- helps to know the way of decision-making and the predictability of the developed norms;
- creates an opportunity for the ideas of the citizens to be directly realized;
- leads to the restoration of trust;
- offers different points of view and improves the quality of the decisions;
- ensures readiness for implementation of the adopted decisions;
- provides an opportunity for periodic civil monitoring of the actions, decisions and policies pursued by the country.
For people, civic participation is a right guaranteed by national and international law. Citizens and civil society organizations can state their position, propose alternative solutions and make recommendations to the institutions.
But it is also a process. This process requires the government and the local authorities to constantly move forward in providing and promoting mechanisms for adequate participation in all stages of policy-making. For the citizens, this process is related to the formation and protection of values for stating the position and active engagement in public discussions.